Electronic Editing Workshop
Six two-hour sessions
Twelve instructional hours
Or a customized schedule
Electronic editing means proficiency with using Microsoft Word for editorial tasks.
Specific Course Goals
- understand how to display and read tracked changes in Microsoft Word
- customize Microsoft Word for editing
- use the Compare Documents feature effectively to reveal differences between document versions
- use the track changes tool effectively and appropriately
- combine and merge changes from multiple copies of a document
- track changes by multiple editors or reviewers
- use the Comments feature for document queries
- use Find and Replace for mechanical editing tasks
- develop macro commands to speed routine editorial tasks
- share macros between computers safely
This course is a hands-on computer software course.
The instructor introduces each topic and leads a guided instruction exercise. Individuals then practice each skill on their own, with ample time allowed for questions and problem-solving.
The contractor will provide Electronic Editing with Microsoft Word by Jennie Ruby along with practice document files in Microsoft Word. The class is offered for Word 2003 or Word 2007. Client provides computers with Microsoft Word software loaded.